Obtain a licence or autorisation for data reporting service providers
The licence or authorisation for data reporting service providers (DRPS) is granted by the AMF ou the ACPR. The DRSP authorisation file to be provided to the French authorities is constituted of items required by the Delegated regulation (EU) 2017/571 and the Implementing regulation (EU) 2017/1110.
The Directive (EU) N°2014/65 on markets in financial instruments defines three types of data reporting service providers (DRSP) :
- The Approved Reporting Mechanism (ARM) is a service provider which reports transactions to the national competent authorities on behalf of investment firms in accordance with article 26 of Regulation (EU) n°600/2014 on markets in financial instruments (MiFIR) ;
- The Approved Publication Arrangement (APA) is a service provider which publishes transactions on behalf of investment firms in accordance with post-trade transparency requirements (articles 20 and 21 de MiFIR) ;
- The Consolidated Tape Provider (CTP) is a service provider which collects and consolidates transaction reports from trading venues and APA.
Obtain an authorisation
The licence or authorisation for data reporting service providers (DRPS) is granted by :
- AMF for market operators or legal entities other than investment firms and market operators
- ACPR for investment firms with a prior approval of the program of operations by the AMF
The DRSP authorisation file to be provided to the French authorities is constituted of items required by the Delegated regulation (EU) 2017/571 of 2 June 2016 on “the authorisation, organisational requirements and the publication of transactions for data reporting services providers” and the Implementing regulation (EU) 2017/1110 with regard to “the standard forms, templates and procedures for the authorisation of data reporting services providers and related notifications”.
My contact at the AMF
My contribution due to the AMF
As a data reporting service providers, each year, you must pay a tax to the AMF. This contribution is set at an amount equal to your operating income for the previous fiscal year, multiplied by 0.3%.
You must declare your operating income by email to the address declarationcontribution [at] amf-france.org and you must pay this sum directly to the AMF, no later than 3 months after the balance sheet date of the previous year.
For more information, see the guide on fees and contributions due to the AMF (in French only)
List of authorised French PSCDs
Date of licence/authorisation
APA / ARM
3rd January 2018
On the same topic
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02